Earnings reduced to a few after the (Archlinux-AUR) update!

After a month or two i thought the bugs related to reduction in BAT gone forever. But don’t think so! Today I updated my Brave in Archlinux to V1.27.111 and all of a sudden my savings reduced to 0.635 BATS (Excluding this month’s earnings) from 4+ BATS! Am really tired off by posting theses kinda posts in the community forum again and again… If there is no back-end testing from brave, then what is the purpose of NIgtley and beta channels? @steeven Don’t tell me to send the wallet details to your DM pls. Bcoz I’ve already send those details to your DM multiple times! It’s very hard to earn a BAT with the current redused rates, and now this chaos. Besides this my wallet also disconnected from browser (reconnected again). Damn… can’t get what’s wrong with this browser! Months ago it’s a sound and stable browser available in the mainstream. Now it’s a pain in the a** for most of the users.

1 Like

yep. i did well for the first few months making anywhere from 2.5BAT to 4 BAT. have only making .2 to .6 bat for the 2 month in a row…

1 Like

Hey @TRILOK !

What version were you on prior to this update?

And when you say that you had a sudden loss of BAT, are you referring to your Brave wallet or to your estimated earnings?

Porridge

1 Like

Hi @TRILOK - I’m genuinely sorry for the issues you’ve experienced with your wallet. And for not seeing your DM sent until just now.

We’ve recently released a fix for how our ‘estimated pending rewards’ are represented in the Rewards Panel UI. Can you share a screenshot of your current panel? I can manually refund you for any missing BAT. Can you DM me the email linked to your Uphold? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Michael, Thanks for your kind interest to take a look at this problem (and pardon me if am delayed the reply). As you may know that Brave is not listed in the official Archlinux repository and it is maintained by Jose in Archlinux User Repository for the convenience of the fellow users of Brave browser in Archlinux. Recently he pointed this issue in Brave’s Dev community in Github (It’s fixed now), so I waited for a new release by staying in 1.26.xx (am not sure about the version). After the fix I updated the browser to get the latest update (which is already available on Windows) ASAP. But when I checked the rewards section I noticed a reduction in the pending rewards to be paid to my wallet (I didn’t tracked the exact amount, I think the same can be achievable by your side). That’s why I reported the issue here. I know Bugs are inevitable for a developer’s life and that strain can’t be shown to the clients (The real pain). And don’t get me wrong, I meant no offence to this project Michael. Thanks again!

Thank you Steevan, sorry for the delay! I will definitely send those to you. I got 5.71179 BATS a while ago from Uphold and am not sure if it covers my exact rewards in Brave browser installed in Archlinux. I guess you can check the same from the server side. I always honor the Devs behind the codes for their valuable hardship. But sometimes when we encounter these kinda issues in the rewards section, it’s bit tough to swallow!

Edit : The first payout is for my brave browser in windows. Second payout for Archlinux (which only amounts 0.63+ BATS) is not the exact amount to be transferred to my uphold wallet.

Thanks guys, I got my refund yesterday! :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.