Earning BAT from browsing within Brave

First of all, I’m in favour of the idea and have purchased a number of BAT tokens supporting the idea.

I was wondering when users will be able to start earning BAT using the Brave browser. I notice you can turn on the Brave ads although I couldn’t see an option where you can actually earn/deposit the tokens.

Earning money from viewing ads

Hi @ST34M

We have a reply to another post on this topic, it can be found here:

Additionally, we encourage you to visit basicattentiontoken.org for information regarding BAT.

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi @LaurenWags,

I did notice this article although I saw the response was from June so I thought this would have been implemented by now…

Thanks!
Ash

Hi @ST34M

Here’s also a link to the BAT Roadmap which may provide some insight:

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi @LaurenWags,

Thanks for this. So am I right in thinking the revenue won’t be coming into play until 2018? “Real ad revenue that scales with user growth; further UGP grants & growth hacks” Or am I reading this wrong?

It seems to be a very confusing article and a bit all over the place if you ask me? I just wanted to know a potential date of when users would be able to earn BAT from browsing. I am looking to support the idea as much as possible both financially and publicly.

-Ash

Hi @ST34M

Unfortunately I don’t have any dates for you. There is a ton of information on the basicattentiontoken.org site including an FAQ but no dates yet. Updates will be provided there and through other channels (Twitter definitely). There is also a RocketChat site for BAT. Links to all of these (and more!) are available in the footer of the BAT site. We do appreciate your support and will provide more information as soon as it is available.

Best,
Lauren

@ST34M we won’t be doing speculation on timelines for anything related to BAT. All relevant info is posted on basicattentiontoken.org

When there is an update, a general announcement will go out.

Thanks for your interest!