"Dummy 3" suggested password

When I register in to a new website Brave used to copy / save the password that I’d entered for the site but recently it’s started to override the password I enter, suggesting “dummy 3.”

Anyone know why that’s popping up ?

Thanks,

Bob.

1 Like

Hey @Canada-Bob ! Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you try disabling them to see if your issue persists?

Thank you!

Porridge

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for responding, appreciated.
As for extensions I haven’t added any, and I just checked, I don’t have any.
I don’t like the look of that password suggestion, “dummy 3” that raises a red flag to me.

Bob.

1 Like

Does this happen on a specific website where you are creating an account? Do you have a password manager installed on your device?

Also can you share a screenshot of the issue? (Please omit any identifiable details such as usernames, etc)

Porridge

2 Likes

It stared happening in the last week or so, no other password manager used, as for a screenshot its just that little box that pops up when you register with a website with your log in name, then “dummy 3” suggested for the password, seems really odd.

Do you have any saved passwords? I believe I know what is causing the issue.

Can you go to brave://settings/passwords?search=pass and check to see if you have anything saved there with “dummy 3” as a record? You may need to remove that entry if you find it there.

Porridge

1 Like

Can you see what this user has in the screenshot in this post? → Suggested password is not strong enough.. how to change it - #4 by Mattches

Providing a screenshot of the suggestion would help is figuring out what could be causing this.

Porridge

1 Like

Thanks again for the suggestion, I’ve never used dummy 3…

Wouldn’t surprise me if the brother in law uses it all the time though :wink:

So the mystery remains :frowning:

2 Likes