Duckduckgo searches display ads in search results

Example of ad in search results

This ad is successfully blocked in current version of Firefox with uBlock Origin, and Epic Privacy Browser.

Brave 0.20.46
V8 6.4.388.41
rev 5eb035c
Muon 4.8.2
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 64.0.3282.140

Yes. Not all advertisements are blocked [as far as I know],
Brave only blocks advertisements that cause trouble while browsing. Ads like Pop-ups that block the whole screen, Trackers, annoying banners & posters that follow you all around while surfing the site. Decent advertisements are never blocked by default [And unfortunately, user cannot enable blocking of all kinds of ads without using any third-party add-ons]

I had this experience as well, where few advertisements were allowed on many well known websites despite enabling adblocker. :frowning:

Yes, DuckduckGo funds their site with their ads, I believe there is a way you can turn off the ads from the site. But, Brave doesn’t block it automatically, I believe the ad is considered first party, which feature is still being worked on by the team.

Yup. Accurate said! Brave doesn’t block tons of advertisement deployed by the site owners themselves. And yes. Duckduckgo does have an option to disable advertisements but I wouldn’t hit a kick to their food. Clicked Advertisements are a major platform by which duckduckgo is funded & kept running for free. At least it doesn’t spy like Google, Yahoo & Yandex search engines :slight_smile:

You can turn off the ads in the DDG settings

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.