DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension causes Brave to close when searching in the address bar in New Private Tab

This is my first post here, so I’ll try to get everything right

Brave closes whenever I search on a startup Private Window or any New Private Tab in the Window. Does not happen when searching in the DuckDuckGo website, but it will happen if searching in the address bar. I looked at the search engine settings and the extension is controlling it. I want the extension and don’t want to disable it, but I have to disable it so Brave wont close when I search with DuckDuckGo in the address bar. Default Search Engine is DuckDuckGo. This never happened until a few days ago.

Not really a website, but leading from a default Private Tab to a search with DuckDuckGo

The issue did not present with default Shields settings because the New Private Tab/Window has Shields disabled.

The site functions whether Shields are on or not, and Shields aren’t part of the problem.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration: No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version: Version 1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.