Downloading into program or app directly

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. hello, how do I open a download directly into an app or program in brave? For instance, if it is a Word doc or a PDF, how do I download it so it opens in Word or Adobe right away?

Expected result:
Easy access to opening documents
Brave Version( check About Brave):
0.67.124 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build)
Additional Information:

I am in MacOS system.

@dabren,
First, I would recommend you go to Menu --> About Brave and allow the browser to update – latest version should be v0.68.131 at the time of writing this.

After doing so, the answer to your question depends on what type of file you’re downloading. For example, behavior regarding downloading PDF files can be controlled by going to Menu --> Additional Settings --> Privacy & Security --> Site Settings --> PDF documents and toggling this option appropriately.

For Word documents, unless you have an extension or have some alternative means, Word docs won’t open in Brave and can only be downloaded. From there, its up to your system (or what instructions you give it) to decide what application to open the file with and (further) whether or not to open it right then or not.

This was exactly what I needed, thank you so much! I am all updated. I couldn’t find where the PDF setting was. I will sort out the Word doc situation. Cheers!

1 Like

@dabren,
My pleasure – glad we got it sorted. Enjoy! :slight_smile: