whenever I:
-download anything
-click the downloads button on address bar
-access download history by menu
-access download history by ctrl+j
-clear download history in clear browsing data
all windows/tabs of the browser just freezes

Brave Version( check About Brave):
version 1.50.114 chromium: 112.0.5615.49 (official build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
the minimize button still works somehow but you can’t pop them back up

no way to do anything other than end task in windows task manager
also task manager doesn’t show brave.exe as not responding except when I clear download history

i felt it has something to do with download history being too big? there’s like 9000 entries literally

are there any way I can manually delete download history outside of the browser?

ah okay
I found a solution
settings->privacy and security->clear browsing data->on exit->click the download history checkbox->exit browser
and it works fine afterward

1 Like

So my guess was right. @Mattches Sorry if this isn’t the right time/sitution to @ or if you read this topic anyway, but here’s the likely culprit behind the download freeze issue. Recommendation: only have it grab a small group of the recents and display the rest in “open all” to mitigate the issue.

@sate,
Apologies for the lack of response here — lots of threads to get to. Glad to see you were able to resolve this issue on your own, great work. Using the Clear browsing data menu is what I would have suggested anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.