Download Setting not working correctly

Download setting in options menu keeps ignoring my choice and defaulting to my download folder even though I have it set to save everything to Desktop, so that I can manually move downloaded items to the folders of my choice. In addition even though I have “Always ask me where to save files” deselected it keeps giving me the save file dialogue (and keeps defaulting to my Download Folder). All previous recent versions worked fine, so something must have been changed in the latest version.

Annoying, but not critical I suppose.

Regards
Chris.

I have for several weeks endured the problem stated above, following a routine update (the version number of which I cannot specify at this point, unfortunately). I hoped it would be fixed by now. I’m adding my voice so that this issue is not forgotten and left unresolved.

Under “General Settings,” the “Save my downloads here:” box displays my selected (and preferred) download destination. However, the edit dialog (generated by clicking the pencil icon) always shows the “Downloads” folder to be the destination. Repeating the process of selecting the desired destination results in the same behavior: the box shows my desired destination, while the edit dialog always shows the downloads folder. The box remembers, but the edit dialog forgets every time.

I normally activate the “Always ask me where to save files” option, but this behavior occurs with that option activated or deactivated.

This behavior results: On a webpage, a left click on a link to download a file works correctly, defaulting to my preferred destination. A right click on the same link, opening the “Save Link As…” dialog, defaults incorrectly, to the downloads folder. A right click to “Save Image…” or “Save Page as…” also defaults to the downloads folder, again, not to my selected and preferred destination.

My selected destination is on a different drive than the OS, but I have alternately selected the desktop on (C:) and a preferred folder on (D:), and neither are remembered by Brave, leading me to think that the issue does not lie with the drive path. Perhaps the problem somehow involves the handling of the context menu?

I have been using Brave for a few months and I am very pleased so far. I have few complaints, and they are minor and not worth mentioning here, except for this one annoyance, which for me is a bit of a productivity killer, and something that has been sending me over to my backup browser as a workaround. I hope this problem can be solved soon. Thank you all very much for your time and attention, and for the work you do.

Sincerely, Michael W.

Brave: 0.23.79
V8: 6.8.275.24
rev: 51b49051a779f0db94fbcfd0df5faca781299ea0
Muon: 8.0.7
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 68.0.3440.84

OS Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 1803
OS Build: 17134.165

After the latest update, the problem persists and the issue is unresolved. Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely, Michael W.

Brave: 0.23.104
V8: 6.8.275.24
rev: b454a4a99934c4aa27fbe2effc5f72ce92e3266b
Muon: 8.0.8
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 68.0.3440.84

OS Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 1803
OS Build: 17134.228

Same problem. Minor, but annoying such that I usually use Firefox. Hope it is corrected soon, but it’s been like this for quite a few iterations. I can sometimes see the save dialogue box change the destination from “desktop” to “download.”

Another update, but still unresolved. Perhaps the move to “core” will take care of the problem?