Don't get Ads nor rewards

Dear Community,
I have tried hard to set up Brave both on my MacBook and on my iPhone. The setting up works, but it looks as if it wasn’t really activated.
AND I don’t get any Ads, never did, tried already a few weeks ago, nor do I get rewards.
PLEASE help me.
Is the problem the country ? Switzerland ?
Thanks for answering and helping quickly. Hope support will help.

@Phillip1 Switzerland is the Ads supported country. You should be able to see ads. Please go through the below FAQ which may resolve your issue.

FAQ – Why I am not seeing Ads FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

Thanks!

Thank you. But each time I download and do the setting up, nothing happens. Neither Ads popping up nor rewards appearing.
I use Kaspersky, could that be a reason to it ?
But on my iPhone, I have downloaded Brave this morning and still nothing happens, no popping ups …

I have read all the FAQs. Everything seems correct.
Maybe I have to:
1.set Brave as my default bowser; I still use Safari
2.I haven’t done enough searches on Brave to know which areas I am interested in
3.they speak about a ‘catalog’ relevant to me to send me Ads; is there a place where to fill in this
catalog ? No clue …

@Phillip1 Enter this catalog URL in URL bar https://ads-serve.brave.com/v1/catalog

If catalog gets downloaded then ads should be served to user. If not, then someting is wrong with settings. If catalog is empty then Ads will not be shown to user. Ideally for supported regions Catalog should get download.

Thanks!

Thanks for your insight. Step by step I get it.
Where can this catalog be downloaded ? Maybe you’ve got the link. I have no idea, didn’t even know about it until this morning on a tutorial where they spoke about it but didn’t explain where to find it :cry:
Thanks for urgent help :blush:

Hi Geeta,

The link doesn’t work. Below you will find a screen picture to show you what the link shows.

I still need your help.

Maybe Kaspersky ?

What else could it be ?

Thanks for your HLEP :slight_smile:

Phillip1

Hi Geeta,

I have noticed, maybe it could help you, that the whole Brave browser doesn’t seem to be wholly active.

Apart from the time, which is showing off correctly, the other infos, for instance on my iPhone, seem not really to move.

It’s as if the page was ‘inactive’, apart from time.

Which button or place should I check to ‘activate’ the whole possibilities of Brave and Ads ?

Thank you for your Help :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

Phillip1

@Phillip1 The catalog file which you posted in the thread looks correct to me. Currently, there are no ads available for Switzerland that’s why there is Untargeted ads category listed in the catalog.

Please find my response inline with the questions:

Maybe I have to:
1.set Brave as my default browser; I still use Safari - Not necessary to set brave as your default browser in order to view ads
2.I haven’t done enough searches on Brave to know which areas I am interested in - `Ads are triggered based on the ads categories available in the catalog. If there is an Education category available and if you browse any website which falls under this category then ads will be triggered.

3.they speak about a ‘catalog’ relevant to me to send me Ads; is there a place where to fill in this - There is no way you can have your own catalog, catalog config is controlled by campaign inventory

Thanks!

Hi Geeta,

Thank you for answering.

So what can I do ?

When will it work ?

Is Brave trying to fix these questions for my country ?

If I change the country, does it make a difference ?

How do you explain that the front page seems kind of frozen ? I’ve checked this morning on my iPhone and there are a bit more activity.

Best regards,

Philippe K.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.