Does the randomized fingerprint "look real"?

I know Brave randomizes my fingerprint. But I’m concerned that if the randomized fingerprint is completely fake and doesn’t make sense at all, then the website I’m visiting can still use that as a trait to identify me.

For example, I open Brave, visit Google, and search about “apple”, closes Brave and re-open to force randomizing the fingerprint, visit Google again, and search about “banana”. If the fingerprints from both sessions are so random that they look completely fake, then Google can still recognize me and correlate the two searches, because it knows “I’m the person whose browser always sends completely fake fingerprints”. But if Brave randomizes fingerprints in a way that the results still look legit, then it gives Google a lot more difficulty.

So I wonder if Brave’s randomized fingerprints attempt to look real?

This video answers your question:

1 Like

That video is helpful. I’m having more questions.

It somehow looks like having more aggressive tracker and fingerprinting blocking makes it easier to be tracked? In the video, it’s shown that when the website sees that some tracking is disabled, it prepends the hash with “brax…” Doesn’t that result in a much more unique and recognizable fingerprint?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.