Does Brave wallet require KYC and charge any fees?

Hello,
I have 20 BAT in “Your Balance” and about 1,8 BAT in “Estimated Earnings”.

1. If I create new Brawe wallet there: brave://wallet/crypto/onboarding
    Does it means that ´both my balances will be deleted or added to new generated wallet?

2. Is KYC necessary for creating Brawe wallet and withdrawal or KYC is not necessary?
    Thank you for reply.

1. If I create new Brawe wallet there: brave://wallet/crypto/onboarding
    Does it means that ´both my balances will be deleted or added to new generated wallet?

No, if you want to transfer your Brave Rewards earnings to your own wallet, you need to go through Uphold, Gemini or BitFlyer first

1. Is KYC necessary for creating Brawe wallet and withdrawal or KYC is not necessary?

No, It’s a self custody wallet

Ok, so I can´t transfer to Brave wallet from earnings? What is role of BRave wallet in this case?

Honestly, that’s not the issue. The reason WHY is listed at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Wallet-support-FAQ#why-cant-my-wallet-receive-my-rewards-how-about-tipping-from-my-wallet

Well, it’s hard for me to say why you’d want Brave Wallet compared to any other wallet out there. But the simple answer is it’s there for you to send, swap, and buy cryptocurrency. It just isn’t able to do anything regarding Rewards because Brave would otherwise need to KYC/AML all users. In addition, Brave would need to get certain types of licenses, such as a Money Transmitter license, which they won’t want to worry about getting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.