Does Brave auto-contribute to non-verified publishers if "Show non-verified sites in list" is unchecked?

I am a bit confused over the auto-contribute list.

1. If I have “Show non-verified sites in list” unchecked, will Brave attempt to auto-contribute to non-verified sites anyways? In other words, is it just an option to hide non-verified sites in the list or does it actually stop auto-contribute?
  2. This Brave support article shows a differently worded option than what’s currently in Brave. The article shows an option “Allow contribution to non-verified sites” which I feel is much clearer. Did the behavior change in recent Brave releases?
  3. If Brave does auto-contribute to non-verified sites even with the “Show non-verified sites in list” disabled, will Brave just keep reattempting the auto-contribute thereby starving verified sites from getting BAT? I know that non-verified sites have 3 months to claim their earnings before it goes back into the user’s wallet for use. But if Brave keeps auto-contributing monthly to say “google.com” (which isn’t a verified site but obviously has the highest percentage for me since I use Google all the time for search) and it keeps getting rejected every 3 months, wouldn’t verified sites get slowed down to a trickle?

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Loving the browser so far though, big thanks to the entire Brave team and community.

1 Like

Bump. I really want to make sure that my BAT is going to the right people every month.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.