Distorted font (characters) in some webpages

Just wanted to add that although the distortion still occurs, it seems to now clear itself and not appear as often. I test using Community search. I notice if I drag the page scroll bar down quickly, the distortion occurs. It also occurs if I rapidly use the mouse wheel repeatedly but not as often. It is now correcting itself when I release the mouse wheel or scroll bar whereas before that was not a sure thing.

Just curious, is there some kind of “font cache”? Is that a thing? If so, could it be getting “glitched”? If not, go ahead and have a good laugh. :joy:

I know that a lot of users here are on Windows, but for anyone seeing this on macOS, can you please open the Font book application, click on the top-most font, hold Shift then click on the last font in the list (to select all fonts), then right click on them and select Validate and ensure that you get green checkmarks for all fonts.

Indeed. I notice this on the very page you are viewing now.

Continuing the discussion from Distorted font (characters) in some webpages:

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

I confirm.
Usually it happens when scrolling, and then vanishes.

Having the exact same problem here, most particularly on “wiki” style pages (although I have no idea why this would be.) The issue can be corrected by simply mousing over a hyperlink, at which point the text instantly renders as expected.

Arch Linux on kernel 6.1.7
Brave 1.47.171

One more example where Chrome does not have this problem: