Distill Page option has disappeared

When I click the burger menu in the top-right, I can’t find the “Distill Page” option

To reproduce: click the burger menu in the upper-right of the browser. The “Distill Page” option should be available somewhere in the menu, but I don’t see it. Has that feature been removed?

Brave version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (x86_64)
MacOS version 11.5.2 (20G95)

1 Like

@kenwanobi,
The feature is now part of the “Speedreader” feature:

If a page is able to be distilled, you should see the speedreader icon in the address bar.

Thanks for the response @Mattches.

I’m not seeing any additional icon in the address bar for any website. I’ve visited several, including blogs, news sites, programming/technical sites, etc… And when I search preferences (hamburger menu | settings) for “speedreader” I get zero hits.

Is there some secret setting that needs to be enabled?

thanks,
kwo

@kenwanobi,
What version of the browser are you using at this time? This option should be available in Settings --> Appearance:

Thanks again @Mattches

I just updated to: Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64)

There’s no Speedreader option in my settings. When I Ctrl+F and search for “speedreader” I get zero hits. Here’s the Appearance section of my settings.

@kenwanobi,
Can you please go to brave://flags and search for the #Brave-Speedreader flag and set it to Enabled? Note that you will need to relaunch the browser when prompted for the changes to take affect. Once enabled, you should see the option available in Settings --> Appearance

@Mattches that worked. Wonder why the option didn’t show up in the settings UI.

Thanks!

1 Like

@kenwanobi,
I think that’s my fault – the feature should be available by default (without the flag) in the next browser update. I incorrectly thought that it was already implemented.

Apologies for that – glad it’s up and running at least though!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.