"Disqus!" never works on Brave,,,

windows
bug

On any page that has Disqus convos (listed in this link at the bottom of page), it always has error messages.

2017-09-05 at 15-36-33

I have yet to see this work on any site or page so far. Is the settings wrong on my browser or is this a known issue?

Hi @DUTCH81

You could try adjusting your shield settings for one of the sites (by clicking on the Brave icon) -
particularly try turning off Block Scripts and/or Fingerprinting Protection.

If that doesn’t work, could you please provide your Brave and OS versions as well as an example site with shield settings?

Thanks,
Lauren

scripts were off but fingerprint was on. it didn’t work.

Name Version
Brave 0.18.23
rev 36ae2ec
Muon 4.3.10
libchromiumcontent 60.0.3112.90
V8 6.0.286.52
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 6.1.7601
OS Architecture x64

2017-09-05 at 19-44-25

not sure what example site means.

Hi @DUTCH81

By example site, I mean could you give us a couple of sites where you see this issue? I tried one site that I know of which uses Disqus comments but could not reproduce.

Thanks,
Lauren

The example in first post now works. I’ve checked several others and they all work now. I just don’t get it, I have posted about a few issues everyday since I uninstalled Chrome 3 days ago and these issues come and go. Hopefully, it’s fixed for good. I just don’t get how issues come and go on a day to day basis. I tried restarting the browser and even the laptop last time and couldn’t get it going. Now, it’s flawless and I haven’t fiddled with any settings. Anyway, thank you for your time Lauren.

On that specific site I had to change ad control to Allow Ads and Tracking for disqus to work

Lauren you can find a directory from disqus here. https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/2020677 It doesn’t lead to the sites directly, but it does show a link to visit the site.

Brave with Disqus behavior

I forgot I turned it on fiddling with the settings, that must be why it works all of a sudden. Good catch Poppa.