Discrepancy in tokens between browser and uphold account

Hello Brave community, I have had an issue with my uphold account not updating the right token amount even after authorizing it on multiple devices. As a result, I have discrepancies on multiple devices that take what seems to be the frozen amount of token count on uphold and update it individually. What I mean is my uphold accout has May 10, 2021, as the last date of any activity on deposits from Brave rewards as a result the token count is fixed at 191, when I connected with my Browser to claim rewards for the month the count updates correctly on my browser but never on uphold, the same is the case for my android phone, as a result, I have a count of 191 on uphold, 194 on my laptop and 200 on my android phone, is this an issue with Brave or Uphold. Thanks In Advance.

How many Brave profiles/devices (total) have you linked to your Uphold wallet? This includes reinstalling Brave or your OS, resetting or replacing your device, etc.

Uphold limits you to four devices/profiles per lifetime. Even if you unlink a device from your Uphold account, you don’t regain that allotment. Only your first four devices will ever be able to contribute to your Uphold wallet. Brave has no control over it as these are limitations set by Uphold, but Brave is in the process of adding more wallet options (Gemini should be coming soon).

Thank you for the response, I have installed my OS and consequently the Brave browser multiple times, these uphold limitations are rather rigid and unfortunate, I suppose this answers my question. Thanks again.

1 Like

I personally refuse to link my Brave accounts to Uphold at all, just because of Uphold’s history of shady business practices, outrageously high transfer fees, and the recent massive embezzlement by their now-former Chief Compliance Officer. I don’t trust Uphold AT ALL. I am waiting for Gemini wallets to become available, and I will evaluate them for a while before I link my Brave accounts.