Disable "open tab in new window" by dragging the tab

PLEASE allow us to Disable “open tab in new window” by dragging the tab.

The feature is driving me mad as I like to keep my mouse on pretty fast sensitivity. Simply clicking on the tabs often opens up them on a new window. Is there any way to disable this?

I really want to keep using this awesome browser but this is really starting to piss me off.

-Sam

I opened an account just to reply to this post. I’ve seen this concern posted before and unfortunately with these constant updates, nothing is being done on this! I want to support Brave for a myriad of reasons, and while the browser still has numerous glitches, this opening of a new window with the slightest of a drag practically makes it unusable because it happens way too often and it’s very frustrating. Please do something about this or simply add an option for users to disable it!

Hi @Samulis @lp28,

Thanks for the feedback. The team is aware of this issue and there’s an issue logged to improve the sensitivity. Currently there’s no way to disable this feature.

You can reattach that tab by drag and drop that tab in between other tabs on tabs bar @ original window. Best, :slight_smile:

I second this - that tab drag is really irritating. Make is an opt-in, not an opt-out.

In addition to adjusting tear off tab sensitivity, we do have a request logged for disabling tear off tabs, you can follow progress here: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/11789

Thanks,
Lauren