Did I install correctly when I switched to 64 bit?

No obvious problems and maybe I’m looking for problems where there aren’t any, but I just noticed the update processes are still 32 bit.

Is this how it’s supposed to be?

Well, you can run either 64 bit or 32 bit on a 64 bit OS with no issues. That said, usually is better overall if you run 64 bit on a 64 bit. The reason for this is running 32 bit installation on a 64 bit will limit the memory a bit. Whereas 64 on a 64 gives it everything it can, which usually is faster and less restricted.

So if you did download and install the 32-bit version, it might impact performance in some ways. But overall it shouldn’t be a huge difference unless you’re running lots of tabs and content.

Hi

In Windows, You are running the 64-bit version of Brave if it is installed in the following locations:
C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware
C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware (for BraveUpdate only)
%LocalAppData%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\ (for user data)

2 Likes

Thank you. Exactly answers my question.

Sorry, answered when I should have been in bed and see now you were saying something different. I should have done the simpler and awesome answer like @CerealLover gave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.