I’m on an Ubuntu machine (20.0) and trying to add my custom dictionary file to the Brave user files. I cannot get it to work.
In Windows (10), I go to the user files for Brave Browser, then there is a directory “Dictionary” and inside is a simple text file with all the words I added to the spellcheck. I could copy/paste that file to any account on any Windows machine.
Back to ubuntu… I found the “Dictionary” directory and inside is only a file “en-GB-9-0.bdic”. I tried pasting my custom words dictionary text file into that directory and nothing happened. I add new words to Brave to see if they were even writing to the file >Nope.
This is incredibly important. I work in a field that requires very technical terminologies (Bio, Science, Medical, engineering). My custom dictionary file is at least one thousand words. There is no way on earth I can add all of that one by one. I would rather quit my job and become a professor. LOL