Developer sidebar popping up on its own

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. As I’m typing on any website I’ll intermittently get this developer sidebar popup when I press the “tab,” “shift,” “s,” or the “i” keys.

Expected result:
To resume normal browsing activities without activating the sidebar with a keystroke.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.31.88 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

I disabled developer menu in the settings. I also checked my extensions and no extension triggers this event. Here’s a screenshot of the sidebar.

I also want to note that I had this same issue before wiping out the OS and reinstalling everything.

@bandlerchandler,
Is it possibly due to the fact that you’re hitting the keyboard shortcut for the developer tools window? On a Mac, it would be Option + Cmd + i

2 Likes

That’s it. Thank you my keyboard seems to lag and inadvertently press the shortcut. Thank you.

1 Like

@bandlerchandler,
You’re very welcome.

The developer sidebar is now returning every time i hit the delete key on my keyboard. Any ideas why this might happen and how to solve it?

@bandlerchandler,
That is very strange. Can you please tell me if you have any extensions installed and what they are if so? I would wager that one of them is causing this issue, one way or another.

I only have uBlock origin. The developer tab opens on its own still :frowning:

No shortcut keys mapped to ublock