Seems that the latest version (0.68.138) has broken some developer extensions. Eg. “React dev tools” are broken. Each time you open the extension it shows “Welcome…” message and if you change settings there they are not saved between sessions.
This seems to be caused by some changes in security. E.g. dev tools extensions have no access to (their) window.localStorage:
Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install React dev tools extension
- Visit some page with react components (e.g. facebook)
- Open dev tools (Ctrl+Shift+I)
- got to “Components” tab - “Welcome…” message is shown
- close dev tools, open again and “Welcome…” is shown again
- Press Ctrl+Shift+I to open “dev tools on dev tools window”
- In console switch to React dev tools context (panel.html)
- type window.localStorage and press Enter
- exception is shown
It works OK in Chrome.