Desktop freezes when right click a bookmark both in bookmark bar and manager

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Right click on a bookmark both on bookmark bar and bookmark manager
  2. Browser and desktop freeze for more than 5 seconds or more

Expected result:
no freezing

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.24.86 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
CPU: i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 16Gb

I used both old and new profile (with 1 bookmark only) to produce this error with the same result all the time.
I used ‘top’ to check CPU and memory usage, when desktop and browser freezes, CPU usage spike to more than 100%, memory was under 5%.
I used a desklet to display CPU usage, and when desktop and browser freezes, 1 core of CPU usage spiked to 100% but the others were below 10%.

Edit: right click is working right now. The problem happened twice in May, but that’s because I only access or use it twice.

Hi, I reported something similar recently, when I right-click the address bar. But yesterday I noticed it also happens when I right-click bookmarks, either in the Bookmarks bar or in the drop-down.

Here’s my topic: Browser often freezes when right-clicking address bar

Do you get the same thing when you do the right-click on the address bar? I wonder if we are both hitting the same root issue.

(Un)fortunately I don’t have similar problem with yours.

Neither of these issues occurs for me any longer, as of about a week or two ago. Is it still happening to you?

Hey again @ozzo. Did the issue go away for you for a while, and recently come back?

In my case, the issue stopped happening almost a month ago as I mentioned. But now my issue just came back today, and, so did this issue here. In other words, both issues: the right-click in the URL bar freeze and the right-click in bookmarks freeze have come back, seemingly at the same time.

So there’s a good chance there is some kind of relationship.

And just like that… both issues went away again. Doesn’t seem related to any extension, nor any browser settings change.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.