Desktop client crashing on a particular webpage

Description of the issue: Brave is crashing on a certain site

How can this issue be reproduced? Open a new tab, navigate to this site, witness crash

Expected result: Page would load normally

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.46.153 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I can successfully load the page in a guest/incognito window of brave, as well as on Microsoft edge. I attempted to clear the page’s cache and cookies, which signed me out, and it still crashes on load.
I requested an upload of the crash report (from brave://crashes/) if that is of any use
Local Crash Context: 087c953d-8e6e-4d3a-9ae7-eecc73e2daba

Hello @WhereTF2

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ll share this information with my support team, so they can be aware about this. In the meantime, Do you have any extensions installed on Brave? If that’s the case, please try disabling them.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu icon_MM.pngMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Be waiting for your response!

Hi,

I do have a handful of extensions. Disabling all of them rendered no change in behavior

I appreciate your time
//Where

Hi again! @WhereTF2

And thanks for your reply! Could you please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist on those versions?

Be waiting for your response!

I installed the beta and was able to view the page with no issue

Does this mean I’ll need to use the beta version going forward?

@WhereTF2

Yes, try to use Beta version of Brave until the beta version become the release version. If you have any additional question please let us know!

Regards.

Noted

Thanks again, and have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

@WhereTF2

My pleasure, have a great day! :handshake:

@WhereTF2,
Can you please ensure that these crash reports are submitted to us by clicking the Send now option in the brave://crashes menu under the relevant crash?

Thank you

Crash from Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 1:14:33 PM

Uploaded Crash Report ID: b2530000-d60f-7509-0000-000000000000
Upload Time: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 1:16:26 PM
Local Crash Context: 507349ab-718f-4ce5-aa1e-f436d16a7f82