Deleting Cookies under sites that can always use cookies was unclickable today

brave://settings/cookies
Deleting Cookies under sites that can always use cookies was unclickable today. even reinstalling brave didn’t work, they still where there after reinstall. I had to use total uninstall professional for them to disappear. Now I’m able to delete new cookies under sites that can always use cookies.
It might be a bug.

1 Like

@cordova5252,
Thank you for reporting. I will forward this information to the team – can you tell me what OS you were using? Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Windows 10 64bit,…

One question, did you uninstall the browser in its entirety, did you install the new version and has the problem been solved or are you still continuing?

1 Like

Hi browser I uninstall it from control panel. then install it again but the sites that can always use cookies had my sites listed there still and unclickable to delete. So the only thing that worked was using the total uninstaller like I said to uninstall brave. I’m just reporting it. Couse it might be a bug.

1 Like

Here is a video showing the problem. It happen again. Can’t delete my netspend cookie. Any Ideas why? https://youtu.be/et1XQWpxqqc

Brave Can’t Delete cookie

1 Like

@cordova5252,
Thank you for reporting this – it appears that this issue is already known and logged:

Thanks for letting me know Mattches. Do the cookies hold the log in information of web sites? Where on the computer can I delete them. I’m on windows 10.

1 Like

@cordova5252,
So you can try a couple things:

1. I’m not sure if you’ve tried yet, but you might want to try deleting the cookies in browser by visiting the website itself and clicking the Lock icon in the address bar, then Cookies and deleting the unwanted entires this way:
  2. You may also, as you mentioned, delete the Cookies file associated with the browser profile you’re using by going to (on Windows):
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Cookies

Thanks Mattches I tried the first and second advice and cookies still don’t get remove. from sites that can always use cookies.

2 Likes

@cordova5252,
Thanks for confirming. Reaching out to the team for assistance here.

@cordova5252,
Can you try going to Settings --> Extensions and see if the Allow Google Login for extensions option is checked? If so, can you disable it then see if the cookie either is removed itself, or you are now allowed to remove it?

allow google login for extensions was off. So First I click on reset settings. Then I turn it on and was able to use clear on exit. and the sites move to always clear cookies when windows are close but remove under the 3 dots doesn’t work still. I turned off allow google login for extensions again. I’ll keep checking to see if any other site gets stuck on sites that can always use cookies.
:slight_smile: At least I’m getting the 3 dots now.

Still can’t delete them. The only way to delete them was by clicking reset settings under additional settings. At least it keeps my extensions and chrome flags after clicking reset settings though it dlsables extensions. Hope it gets fix soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.