Description of the issue:
Sometimes a link will cause the profile selector in Brave and not launch the link. Case in point - I wanted to open a chat session with Windows support today. They provide a link to click to initiate the session. When I click the link - the Brave window with all my profiles pops up so I can select the profile to use. When I click the profile, the profile window selector closes, but the link does not launch.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Make sure Brave is your default browser.
- Make sure you have multiple profiles defined, AND that when you launch Brave, you are presented with a profile selector to choose the profile you want to use.
- Launch the Windows “Get Help” app
- Search for a topic
- Click the “Contact Support” button
- Choose a product and service (Windows) and then choose a category (Technical Support)
- Click Confirm
- Click link to “Chat with a support agent in your browser”
- Presented with a Brave Profile selector, choose a profile
I expect a tab to be launched with the chat window open to discuss an issue.
(actual result - nothing happens after the profile selector window closes).
Brave Version( check
Version 1.30.87 Chromium: 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)