Dead wallet [blank entries under brave://rewards-internals/, wallet creation 1/1/1970]

Greetings!

On one of my machines (Win 7) something went wrong and I’m not able to collect BATs anymore. Essentially, I’m stuck with a dead wallet (blank Wallet Payment ID, blank Persona ID, blank User ID, wallet creation date 1/1/1970 under brave://rewards-internals/).

Under brave://rewards/ I see the “Uh oh! The Brave Rewards server is not responding. We will fix this as soon as possible.” error message. Strangely enough, I keep getting ads (more than before btw) despite the the error message.

The issue occured after I had previously updated to Version 1.8.86 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit). Brave was running slower and there were more processes in the task manager. So I tried the basic things like restarting the browser, turning off and on Ad rewards. It was then that the message appeared after I had closed and re-opened Brave. To add more information, the wallet is not verified and I had not attempted to verify it yet.

In the meantime I have updated to the latest version [Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)] but that did not fix the issue.

There are several entries under brave://crashes/.
I still have my original my Wallet Payment ID, Persona ID and User ID and could provide those if needed.

Is there any hope for me to revive my wallet and get access to the accumulated (pending) BATs?
Please, let me know if you need any more information.

Many thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi, I have updated now to Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the issue still persists.
Trying my luck with tagging…
@eljuno @steeven

Please, let me know whether my wallet can be revived or I’m better off by starting fresh and not waiting anymore for a fix to this issue. In that case is there a way to be refunded?

This happened on May, 5th btw and I first tried my luck over at r/BATProject but so far, unfortunately, nothing…

Thanks.

Edit: In my region (Germany) the monthly payout date is the 6th so I think my issue is not related to this month’s payout issues

1 Like

Did you have Uphold account connected?

Hello and thanks for getting back.
No, I had not attempted to verify the wallet yet.

@eljuno, not sure you have seen my response. Any further questions/suggestions?

Just a quick update. Jenny contacted me over at reddit 4 days ago, asking me to send her my information from brave://rewards-internals/ - which I did - so she can forward it to the engineers. I have no confirmation she has received my message so I’m back to waiting.
However, I’m not sure I want to wait past the start of the next month. Essentially, I missed out on accumulating for a whole month and would prefer not to see another month go wasted.

Which is why I’m asking again - in case I start fresh instead of waiting, is there a way to be refunded?

@Mattches, seeing that you’ve like my opening post and have spoken on the matter of refunds in this thread, would you like to chime in here?

Thanks.

1 Like

@schumpeter,
At this time, we have several impactful Rewards issues that currently take priority over other Rewards-related problems that you and/or other users may be encountering at this time. We’ll have to investigate deeper into your case – but we simply can’t do that right now given the urgency of our current workload.

With that said,

:point_up: If you spoke to Jennie directly, I can 100% assure you that your case will not be forgotten and that when we’re able to answer/address it, we will. Jennie is an exemplary team member and can be trusted to finish what she’s started.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for getting back. I understand that systemic issues are prioritized. Could you, please, address this part of my post:

[I]n case I start fresh instead of waiting, is there a way to be refunded?

How does the refund process look like in general? Does one need to fill out a form or how would one go about it?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.