De-support of MacOS 10.13 and 10.14

Brave announced on the recent installation that MacOs 10.13 and 10.14 will no longer be supported. This is perfectly reasonable since chromium is dropping support so there is not much the developers can do about it. Chrome will also stop support.

My question is what will happen when the new build is released?
Will it just update and make my current browser unusable?

I would certainly prefer that the update is blocked with a strong message.

Mine is an older iMac and I cannot upgrade to 10.15 (Catalina).
I work in IT and understand the risks of not having all the security patches but I am willing to accept this as my browsing is low risk.

You won’t get the update. You are out of support, they are not going to give you an update that is not going to work for you, they are probably going to say you are up-to-date like in other platforms, and then when you want to install it or something, it will say it is not compatible with your system anymore, just like on Android and Windows.

I’d like to believe this but this check needs to be coded explicitly so someone needs to put in effort when there are lots of competing things to do.
Is it just an assumption or is there something official you can point to ?

@C2H5OH,
I have just checked with our team to confirm. You will not receive any further updates once you hit the last supported version.

“This is perfectly reasonable…”

No, no it isn’t. 10.14 is the last good MacOS version. This blows.