De-link Uphold wallet

I’m making a new post because all the other solutions available here didn’t work.

I recently did a factory reset of my PC, and after installing Brave was unable to link my Uphold wallet to Brave. I don’t know why, it says the limit of devices is 4, but I only use Brave on my PC and phone.

Also, I didn’t receive the last payout, and the expected rewards disappeared in my phone, which is still linked to the wallet.

By the way, on the topic, is it impossible to set a manual option to unlink wallets so users can take care of this issue?

Not sure if you have done this yet to reset 1 device Unable to re-verify wallet - #118 by Mattches . In addition, Brave is working on a solution to finally rid these limits. It was supposed to come out this month but I have not heard anything about it officially. But change is very close.

1 Like

Yeah, that hasn’t been advisable because of the wallet limit. There were unofficial ways to do this that is shared in places like my FAQ that’s pinned at -Retired- PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

That’s because what it calls a “device” is referencing the encryption code in the browser. Each browser that gets installed has a unique encryption code, which we sometimes call the internal wallet. So when you did the reset and installed, you made a “new device” as far as it was concerned.

Which payout are you referencing? The one that’s pending now or the one that would have been sent around Feb 7? If talking about the current payments, they are still being sent out so it makes sense if you aren’t seeing it yet.

Nope, but they are eliminating wallet limits. You can track the status of it at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18572. The official statement is:

This change is currently code-complete. However, actual release date (which won’t be tied to a Brave release #, since it’s back-end work), will depend on how testing goes, which is starting up now.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers, guys.

I have, thank you. I’ll be waiting for that solution then, it doesn’t seem like they’re being able to solve my issue through the channels posted here.

I know! I supposed that, but still that would only make three links (my pc, my phone and my pc after factory reset).

Thanks for that link :+1: hope they apply that change soon.

1 Like

In case anyone’s reading this thread, all problems were solved today by Brave’s team.

The solution was to submit an unlinking request here following the steps described in this link.

Thank you Brave team and thank you @HighPriestess42 and @Saoiray for your help.

Also as @Saoiray said, they confirmed that:

Please note that we are removing the linking limit completely in March.

So if you’re having this issue, you should be able to solve it soon.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.