Dashlane Password Manager

I have installed the latest version of Brave across all my devices, Mac, Windows, Android and iOS and was very hopeful of a solid and safe browsing experience. I work in IT and was keen to extol the virtues of Brave. However, if the plugin for Dashlane Password manager is not fixed I will have to delete Brave and revert to Chrome. I use multiple strong passwords, most generated by Dashlane itself, and there is no way I can work without Dashlane. For what appears to be an excellent browser this is a glaring mistake, especially as I read that it has worked in previous versions, was it not QA’d before release!?!

Hi :slight_smile: it is simple. Just follow ints. in the picture.

To set it up please follow these steps:

Inside Brave:

Navigate to about:preferences in Brave
Go to the Security tab
From the dropdown, select Dashlane (requires application)
Inside Dashlane on the Desktop/Laptop:

Tools | Preferences | Security
Turn off Verify the identity of web browser

Yeah, did that, still didn’t work!

— C.P. Cunningham

Cathal.cunningham@gmail.com

cathal is correct 'Navigate to about:preferences in Brave
Go to the Security tab
From the dropdown, select Dashlane (requires application)
Inside Dashlane on the Desktop/Laptop:

Tools | Preferences | Security
Turn off Verify the identity of web browser"
This does not work

Hi @cathal @cjhinton, is it about you can’t log in to Dashlane? Please try to log in from their website as a workaround.

:slight_smile:

That is only a partial workaround. If I go to the Dashlane site and login, the Dashlane icon then becomes active on the top of the brave browser bar. However, if I go to a site that uses an account and password I have saved in Dashlane, i.e. PayPal, I do not get the option to allow Dashlane to automatically log me in. If I click on the username box as I can on other browsers I get the option to allow Dashlane to auto-complete and this does not work either. I do not want to have to scroll through Dashlane and copy and paste details in to get logged in when all other browsers on my Mac will automatically log me in and thus use Dashlane as it was intended, safe browsing!

Thanks

— C.P. Cunningham

Cathal.cunningham@gmail.com

I had the exact same issue. (Only started using Dashlane and Brave today). Randomly I decided to try the chrome url that runs after installing dashlane, and it seems to have triggered something that makes it work.

What happens if you try going to https://www.dashlane.com/en/chrome_cws_manage?utm_source=app

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.