Dark Theme Is broken or incomplete?

Hi, @leon0402. To get the dark theme to extend to settings pages and such, EXCEPT for Brave Rewards and Chrome Web Store (so maybe just forget this post :P), I use a combination of the built-in setting you flag plus the Morpheon Dark theme (here’s its homepage), as well as the Dark Night Mode extension (here’s its homepage, too). That works pretty well on Mac and Windows in Nightly, and I believe I had it set up that way in Beta months ago, so it should work in Dev. I’d wager a few bucks that it’ll do okay in Linux, too.

The Brave Rewards tab in Settings, the Wallet pull-down, and the Chrome Web Store don’t cooperate with anything I’ve, though. I seem to recall something about security concerns leading coders of Chromium to prevent altering the themes of those … ?? Too fuzzy, so call it a guess.

1 Like

@hnktong Thanks for your suggestions! But as I said the dark theme seems to work on these pages now properly in the dev build (I haven’t tested the other ones, perhaps other people could test it as well on Linux?). On Mac and Windows it actually worked already in the stable release. So the problem was linux specific.

It would be great to have an explanation though why Brave Rewards does not work. Because that should be a normal web ui page maintained by Brave itself. Whereas the Chrome store is obviously not by Brave, therefore I didn’t really expect that to work.

Seems to have been fixed. :slight_smile:

Upgraded last week to:
Version 0.67.125 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit).

1 Like

Fired this up out of curiosity. At first I was pleased to see the options were in fact dark and it seemed to be fixed but I had an issue poking around. Clicking on Manage People opened a blazing white pop up window, searching history, blam WHITE!! Check the new screenshot, newer build than the previous poster, options show dark selected, everything is white. After reselecting dark it seems to be staying dark. Screenshot_2019-09-21_08-02-00|690x388

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.