Dailykos.com broken even with shields down

Description of the issue:

The website paints and repaints endlessly. This happens on both Mac and iOS versions of Brave. It happens with or without Shields. However, it does not happen when I open a Private Window in Brave.

[Exact URL of the website in question:]

(https://www.dailykos.com/)

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Lets look at the Brave desktop as a start, Can you test in the latest Brave build 1.41.x, in private window mode. Does the site load @mfuchs ?

The site dailykos.com loads perfectly in a private window. But it behaves crazily in a regular one.

Does disabling all extensions help in normal mode? @mfuchs

No, it doesn’t. I disabled every single extension. Still the same behavior–painting and repainting loop that never ends.

Sometimes, if I time it just right, and hit the Stop “x” button, the site will stabilize. But, of course, if I click on a link on that site, the same behavior will start.

I have not had this problem with any other website. And, as I’ve said, the webiste (dailykos.com) works perfectly on Safari, Chrome, and on Brave in a Private Window.

Screenshot or video of issue? Can you retest also by clearing cookies/cache in brave://settings/clearBrowserData (and then restart Brave)

Clearing cookies and cache does nothing. Here is a video of the website dailykos.com painting and repainting.

Try this video link instead. Sorry.

Anybody have any ideas? Brave support, I think this is an obvious bug. Can you at least try to reproduce it?

Its a bug, but unsure what could be. No issues here.

• Update to the latest Brave ver.
  • Test in private window mode
  • Disable Hardware Acceleration
  • Test in a new Brave profile
  • Does it occur Full screen?
  • Disable any custom filters in brave://adblock

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.