Custom HTTP_ACCEPT Headers / fingerprinting protection

Hi Brave Community!

I am looking for a feature to change my HTTP_ACCEPT header.
Comparing panopticlick.eff.org between Brave and Firefox with Addons I found that the biggest flaw in my fingerprint is the ‘de’ in the header, giving information about my windows installation without there being any need for it. With Firefox, using the US/English installer is all I need to do so pages that don’t scan for my IP are displayed in english.
Brave installs multilingual and changing the language of the program after install does not change the HTTP_ACCEPT header (in about:preferences#advanced). Can you make this optional?

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

There has already been a question to this, in
http://community.brave.com/t/874
but the thread got auto-closed due to inactivity for 60 days.

I am using the current Brave, Shields up set to ‘Block all fingerprinting’

:
Brave: 0.20.42
V8: 6.4.388.41
rev: 096c7cb3c75ebb518f72fc7d24bc2bbaedd50aed
Muon: 4.8.2
OS Release: 10.0.16299
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 64.0.3282.140

Lets be honest. Firefox is the most customisable browser I have ever seen till date. Bunch of privacy tweaks without any add-ons are possible in Firefox. However, Brave is based on chromium engine hence you wont get as much of a flexibility in tweaks in brave or any chromium based browser compared to that with Firefox. Firefox is opensource as well. I would always prefer using Firefox over Brave/Chrome/Comodo Dragon/Opera/any chromium based browser if privacy is my main core :slight_smile:

On the other side, Brave has its good sides as well. Reliable adblocker & inbuilt Script Blocking are the core features the brave that firefox doesn’t have [Can be achieved by third party add-ons like uBlock origin with combo of NoScript Suite & Privacy Badger]

Choice is yours mate :slight_smile:

I am not sure what you mean, are you saying it is not possible to realize this feature - or that the effort would be too high in a chromium based browser?

Brave offers very good privacy protection inbuilt, no need for potentially unreliable tweaks. It can be improved for international users by modifying the http_accept header to match the language setting (either automatically when choosing the language for the UI or by input in any other way), that’s what the feature request is for.

That’s definitely not what I meant. What I tried to say is, if someone is really looking into core privacy, the Firefox is what they need. Brave sure does have a good decent amount of features but it can never be compared to FireFox [With tweaks]

Of course there is a reason why most privacy focused browser Tor Browser is based on FireFox engine & not Chromium :slight_smile:

I just gave an opinion :slight_smile: Nothing else.