Custody bug in CA

NOTICE: Please only post Brave Wallet/Crypto wallet inquiries in this category – please go here for Brave Rewards support

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?

I understand that I have the new one.

How can this issue be reproduced?

I cannot link my Uphold account with my Brave Wallet because it says that I have the accounts in different countries, but I checked the “brave://rewards-internals/” and my Uphold Account and they are both correctly in CA. I’m having this issue since some months, but I was lazy about giving time to this.

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Additional Information:

First of all, you mean Brave rewards cause Brave wallet is a non custodial thing.
Is the ID used by you for KYC / AML from CA as well ? If not then that’s the issue.
You will need to contact Uphold and check with them about where your ID is from. If its not CA, you can try updating your KYC / AML by using an ID from CA.

If that’s not possible, unfortuantely, you’ll have to reset Brave Rewards. That will make you lose any BATs that are unverified. You should choose the country of which ID you use for KYC, in rewards select region prompt.

Hi SamartyAadi,

I contacted UpHold and they allow me to reverify my location with my ID to Canada. Now its working perfectly.

Thank you for your assistance and help.
G.

Glad that I could help. Do mark as solved, so others can refer solution! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.