Cursor won't stay in typing area

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
For weeks now I’ve been fighting this issue. What happens is the following. I will be using a tab whether it be a fresh tab or one open for days does not matter. I will click in the search bar or anywhere really you could type does not matter if its within the website or the browser. So I click my cursor shows up I start typing and nothing is typed in the text area like it’s automatically deselecting the abillity to type so whatever keys you are pushing to type are now hotkeys and the browser goes nuts. I have no clue why this is happening but it is the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced with a browser. Almost every time I want to do a search I have to select the search box twice, basically click it and wait for it to bug out to select it again and type. Happens commenting on facebook, searching on youtube, using the address bar, anywhere you can input text this issue has a chance to pop up. Its almost like the browser is following the cursor even without a click.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. click anywhere to type, start typing and realize that the cursor has moved and you typed nothing

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

So something seems to ripping your cursor away, as if loading in afterwards. Do you have any extensions installed? Have you tried disabling them, to see whether any of them might be responsible?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.