Cursor position is off in Reddit search field

When using the search field in Reddit, the cursor location is off by a few spaces from what you see. Let’s say you type the word “desktop” in the Reddit search field and place your cursor between the letters “e” and “s”. The actual placement will be between “o” and “p”. If you swipe the cursor to the left from between “e” and “s” the movement/highlight will start at “o” and “p”.

This works as expected in Chrome, FF etc. And so far the only problem site is Reddit and it is 100% repeatable.

Using Version 0.68.139 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Window 10 (stock install without any third party extensions) I have uninstalled and wiped all traces of Brave and reinstalled.

Just installed Brave on a comp at work that it has never been installed on and it has the same issue.

Hmm, was not able to reproduce this just now. Are you changing the cursor position with the arrow keys? I found I’m not able to click in the search field to set the cursor. But changing it with the arrow keys and typing seemed to work as expected.

No, just the mouse, and yes it does work with the arrow keys.

Here is a screen grab. Unfortunately the cursor does not show in the image, but I can see it on screen.

Thanks!

@Screwdriver,
It looks like I can reproduce this, however, the behavior seems to be the same in Chrome and Vivaldi web browsers as well. I think this may actually be a Reddit feature/issue specifically. Can you share a short screen recording (LICEcap is free an easy to use if you don’t have any screen cap software) of the behavior as you see it on your end?

Looks like it is the latest Chrome version as an older version Chrome fork I have, Cent Browser works without issue.

OK - Cent Browser - Version 4.0.9.112 (Official Build) (32-bit) (Chromium 74.0.3729.169)
OK - Cent Browser - Version 4.0.9.112 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Chromium 74.0.3729.169)
Broken - Chrome - Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Here is the screen grab you requested with LICEcap

BTW…awesome customer support!

Thanks!

bravescreen

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.