Current version of Brave crashes often

Current version of Brave crashes often, with Event ID 36887 TLS fatal alert code 40 & 70.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Hi @bhabanisb

Could you provide steps to reproduce the crash?

Also, can you go to chrome://crashes and copy/paste the Uploaded Crash Report Ids from around the time you saw Brave crash?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hello Lauren

chrome://crashes didn’t generate any crash report. Find SS of errors from windows log.
As it crashes in no time it loads, difficult to provide steps to recreate error.

Thanks
Bhabani

Mine crashes too WIndows 8.1 64 bit

The ID for the crash is 40b7f4c5dcec3026 and the local fail is 7111c903-e3f7-471b-962a-fc6a824e7b14 uploaded 5 min ago.
Windows 10 Home 32bit - latest version of Brave.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone - added details to https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/14955

Best,
Lauren

Hi all,

We have just released a fix for this issue. Can you please try launching Brave and again checking for updates? :smile:

Sorry it took us a while to track this down- we had some issues with the crash reports being symbolized which made this take longer than expected to find the root cause

Thanks
Brian

Yes. Redfin webpage crashes more often than it doesn’t. Click on something and Brave disappears. Does anybody know which version of Brave was crash free, so I can download that until the crashing problem gets fixed?

UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

After updating, Brave is stable. Thanks.

hi, firstly the program was working but need time to start. Right now you can wait forever that the program never start. I have window 8 and I tried to unistaller the navegator and installer the navegator and the navegator still happen. It is very frusted that you have the program in the destok press the icon and never start. Please, I need help, Thanks