Current tab disappears along with the 'X' to close the tab and the Tabs seem to Overlap when too many are opened in one window

Hi, I’ve noticed that the tabs are disappearing, or overlapping, making the ‘X’ on the tab that closes the tab, not show.

Description of the issue:

Tabs that open from links in external programs, are disappearing or overlapping under other non-selected tabs when far too many tabs had been opened in one window.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary)

1. With the Dark Theme enabled, open as many tabs as you can in one window, till the website logos barely shows on the tab. Also open links from other programs right after having selected a tab in a window that has many already. (that’s far too many I know yes, though the tab is still disappearing/overlapping when links are opened.)
  2. The pages opened from links will have the tab hidden and/or no ‘X’ will show. … If I happen to have been looking at a tab in a window that had too many open, and then click on a link from somewhere else, it opens the link in the same window, and the tab does not show with any ‘X’

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

After a while, newly opened tabs/links in a window that already has too many, disappears and no ‘X’ can be seen on any tab.

Expected result:

Firefox had a limit to how small each tab became, and had scrolling on the tabs… not sure if that’s preferable or not, Though regardless of how many tabs are opened in one window, the current tab should still show with the ‘X’ to close it.

Reproduces how often:

Anytime too many tabs are opened & links are clicked on from somewhere else other than Brave, with Brave set as the default browser.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 7 Professional… will be switching to WinBorg 7 Ultimate.

About Brave

Brave

An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80070057).

Learn more

Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved

Take me back to the home page "

The built in spell checker thinks ‘mistyped’ is a spelling error.

• Brave%20Community%20-%20Brave

• Also it would be nice if the currently selected tab in the Dark Theme stood out a bit more from all the other dark dabs.

• Before Brave was switched to use the Google Chrome Store apps/extensions, I had made a post asking for colors to be added to those white bars under the tabs that essentially represented separate windows compared to the new style(which never happened).

• It would still be nice if the tabs could have random generated colors, or defined colors based on the domain, and the ability to change the color for each domain. Additionally there’s no extension on the chrome web store that can change the tab colors. There is this one, but it doesn’t actually change the tab color, jut the logo or favicon, which isn’t ideal, as many websites have their own colors on the favicons.

Thank you.

1 Like

This still isn’t fixed yet, just last night, I was moving several tabs out of a window, and more were appearing on the right end, beside the ‘+’ icon that opens a new tab.

@Mattches @eljuno

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.