Current Search term does not show up on Brave search bar

Notice that Brave is searching for “SOC Development System” and while it does search for that, what it shows on the search bar is something completely different (something I searched for a few days ago). And it stays that way see the second search (how to contact brave). This is a huge hassle because if I want to modify the search term I have to do it in the URL.

Details
Brave is up to date
Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 1903
OS Build 18362.720

Hi @storm777,
Can you alter the text in the search bar?
Have you tested this with other browser’s?

Hi yes, I can edit and change the text. I don’t see this behavior in Chrome. I also, just in the other day, saw this when I do a search from Google’s Advanced Search page. https://www.google.com/advanced_search.

Note while it may not be related, I also see a problem with FaceBool and Brave. When I use Brave for FB to reply to a comment, if I type something and then do an autocorrect (i.e. right click and select the correct spelling) the entire comment area disappears and I can’t find it again. But when I try to quit the page, Brave asks: Do you want to leave this page? Your changes will be lost (or something similar). I can enter this as a separate topic.

Thanks

@storm777, apologies for the delayed reply, Are you still experiencing this issue and have you. updated to the most recent version of Brave?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.