Curlwget is malware.... Prove it

Description of the issue:
curlwget Extension kicked out as malware.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary)
Just have curlwget installed.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I cant use the extension even if I wanted to.
Expected result:
To use the extension.
Reproduces how often:
All the time.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
latest Windows 10, latest version of brave, as at the date of this post.
Additional Information:

Can not find any information corroborating that curlwget is in fact malware. Is this some sort of new censorship being perpetrator by brave?

Just disable an extension and say it malware… An extension that bypasses brave, google and advertisers analytics. Yet don’t provide any solid information to backup the claims. seems daf to me.

Randall.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59881558/how-to-download-large-file-using-curlwget-extension and https://twitter.com/jeremyphoward/status/1330289166333173764

Someone noticed it about a month ago, Brave isn’t calling it malware, Google is here. There is probably a good reason why it was removed, we just don’t have these details

Shame the world has gone submissive on companies drifting off the reservation. Even fanboyz should be complaining when things smell bad. This smells bad and I will be complaining to google also.
The reason I put it here is brave is where the issue arose. Maybe brave should also be questioning the things that effect it. Like this.

I assume you’re talking about this extension:

which I don’t see as blocked. I was able to install it just fine:

Can you confirm the page where you downloaded the extension from (if you remember)?

Secondly, can you take a screenshot like the above of brave://extensions after turning on “Developer mode” in the top right corner. That way we’ll be able to see the version and extension ID. I suspect you may be using a different extension with the same name.

Hello, if you are completely sure that this extension does not have malware you can safely ignore the warning. This is produced by google when they remove an extension from their official store (if I’m not mistaken, it is a prevention system used in all chromium-based browsers)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.