Crunchyroll videos do not play

I am on Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Recently I have come to realize no video would play on Crunchyroll but well on other platforms. I realized this happened over the holidays and see if the issue was on the Crunchyroll side.

Sadly, when I play Crunchyroll videos on chrome and firefox it works fine but for brave, it seems the video goes into a loop of some kind (maybe a buffer loop). Refreshing. clearing history, restarting, disabling and enabling brave shields, and using a VPN have not worked.

for testing for now I tried this video; Full Metal Panic Episode 1

Picture example;

I am sorry if this is the wrong section for reporting.

@FireManz,
On my end, Crunchyroll videos play without any issue on macOS, Linux and Windows Operating Systems. My first guess would be that one of the many extensions you have installed is causing the issue. Can you try creating a new browser profile (Menu --> Create new profile) and try streaming Crunchyroll content using this new profile window (ensure you close the old one) and see if it plays?

1 Like

Aha! PIA caused this issue and everything you said was on point. I never knew the new browser option was there before and it is helpful.

I also tested that the PIA (Private Internet Access) desktop version works with brave but not the extension.

Thank you very much!

Note: Other extensions works still.

1 Like

I use the PIA, I don’t normally use the extension. But installed and tested (with whatismyip). What isn’t working with Brave? (I didn’t enable tracking/https PIA bits since we’re already blocking them in Brave)

1 Like