Creation of wallet failed, please check internet connection

Description of the issue:
Hi all, when I tried to opt into Brave Rewards it told me creation of my wallet failed and to check my Internet connection. However, my Internet connection is working just fine. Any ideas?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Point browser to brave://rewards
  2. Scroll down to bottom, click yes I’m ready!
  3. Error results
    Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often: Eery time I try

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):Windows 10, Brave Version 1.4.96

@Justin534,
Very strange – are you connected to a VPN of any kind? Also, can you double check your Brave version for me? You reported using v 1.4.96 – this is not any active version number I’m aware of. You should find the version in the bottom left of the Settings screen, or on the About Brave page:

Hrmm… thanks for your reply it made me realize that I installed Brave using scoop (a package manager for windows) but scoop was pointing to a file on github that must be out dated. I uninstalled and reinstalled the installer from Brave’s homepage. But now when I try to opt into Brave rewards it says its not supported in my region for some reason??

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.