Creating Own Version of Brave

hey

I was using Chrome for a long time but because of the RAM consuming problem, I decided to change my default browser. Recently I met Brave and I found it amazing with great additional features but I want to change some of it to make it better. I searched the internet then I found out that I can change it by forking the Github repository but I don’t know how to do it. I’m asking how and where should I start doing it.

Not being disrespectful, but if you don’t know how to fork a repo, are you sure you want to go through the process of modifying code / etc and building the app?

This should have been posted to “Contributing / Developers”.

Thank you for answering this quick !

No that’s completely ok maybe I explained badly.
I know how to code and I know what should I do as soon as I get the files but this topic (browser structures) is a little new to me and I want to know how should I start.
I began to fork the rep but after I wanted to download the files with the npm run init command, it started downloading huge files. Is it ok or I’m doing it in the wrong way?

I would imagine the github page has instructions for building the project… and at your stage of the fork, the build instructions would be the same… so just follow the project’s build instructions? :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.