Create two separate Brave accounts on the same computer desktop

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. How do I create two separate Brave accounts on the same computer desktop?

Expected result:
To be able to log into my personal Brave account on my home computer and also my work Brave account so I can work remotely.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.32.113

Additional Information:

1 Like

@PamS,
Brave does not have “accounts” in the way Chrome does. You can have separate browsing profiles on each device, but they do not sync in the way you are imagining. The closest thing you can get to this would be to create a new browser profile (Menu --> Create new profile) at home, then create one at work. Then use Brave Sync to sync browsing data between the two devices.

I do have Brave set up on my home computer, but when I created a new work profile in Brave and tried to sync that with my work profile, it reset all my bookmarks for my home profile to the work bookmarks. How do I sync only my work bookmarks with my work Brave profile?

Thank you!
~Pam

You’ll need to create a new profile on your home computer (this will be the profile in which you sync your work data to). You’ll then need to create a sync chain on the new profile you just created. Then, go to your work profile and add it to the sync chain you created.

After this, on your home machine, you should have two profiles – one for personal usage (prof 1) and the newly created one for work (prof 2). Once your work profile is added to the sync chain, prof 2 should have all the same browser data as your work profile.

Thank you–I’ll give that a shot. I appreciate your help!
~Pam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.