Crashing browser iPhone 10 iOS

Browser constantly crashing, I was syncing with another device unknown to me. I stopped the sync after passcoding account. Couple hours later happening again . Security issue

Hello @TheG

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great day!

Thank you. How can I subpoena information from Brave?

? Nothing in this email

I have never heard back?

Not sure why this question is directed to me? IMO this Browser is unsafe, hackable and quite frankly I am wondering about the integrity of BRAVE. My Brave Browser was being synced. To whom I have no idea, I only own one device. I submitted proof-and no response. Something ids going on at Brave.

@TheG I’m going to make about 6 points.

First thing

Nothing you have shown indicates your browser was synced with any other devices. If you had devices on the sync chain, you would see them listed. Such as:

Secondly

You’ll notice that you tried to exclude it, but in the spot that shows what’s synced, it shows nothing. 0 Bookmarks, 0 preferences, etc. You can see it in the bottom right of the screenshot you shared below. So this tells us that nothing you have was synced with anything.

Third

Be careful on making assumptions if you don’t understand what you’re looking at. Often these logs and areas are meant for Support and Developers to help when there are issues.

Fourth

All of that said, @Alice2095 should have been able to point these things out to you and helped you feel comfortable in terms of you thinking it was syncing to another device. If they didn’t understand this, then they should have at least come back to this topic by now. It’s sad how they mentioned would get back to you but then 17+ days passed with no response, even after you’ve replied back to them.

Fifth

If you ever have concerns that your data is compromised, you can email [email protected] and they can try to help. If it’s related to Sync, you would provide them the username listed under brave://sync-internals and they could try to delete the information or possibly investigate.

You also always have the option to submit a support ticket, which you can do at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sixth

In terms of crashes, if it’s still happening, you would need to get crash logs for it. Instructions on how to get crash logs for iOS can be found at iOS crashes: How to share logs.

On top of that, you need to provide more details. You mentioned crashing but then focused on sync instead. So if it is crashing, you need to advise what’s happening when it’s crashing. Also it’s important to know which version of Brave you’re using, which OS (so if iOS, which version of iOS?), type of device (iPad, iPhone, or what?), etc. I do know you shared it’s iPhone 10, so you got that. But nothing was shared on other details.

You can’t get assistance if you don’t provide details. As much as people want to help and make attempts, we shouldn’t have to ask a lot of questions.

Side Note

You posted this in the wrong category as well. You put this under Contributing which would mean you’re a developer or something of the sort and you’re attempting to make a contribution to Brave. However, since you were seeking help, you should have put this under Browser Support

It is syncing! Transport state active - when I was able to stop sync , the issues I had stopped to a degree.

Sorry, sent fast. Last synced=just now.

@TheG Yes, it’s active because you have it enabled. Take a screenshot of your settings. For example:

And unlike yours, since mine is sharing data:

All you’re seeing is that you have Sync on and it’s communicating. However, what it’s communicating is absolutely nothing since you have nothing shared. And it’s not saying that there’s a second device connected. All it’s saying is communicating with Brave’s servers to store whatever information you have shared. Again, which is nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.