Crash when attempting to show user profile picker with #native-brave-wallet flag disabled

version: Version 1.53.47 Chromium: 114.0.5735.26 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)
deb: https://brave-browser-apt-nightly.s3.brave.com/pool/main/b/brave-browser-nightly/brave-browser-nightly_1.53.47_amd64.deb

edit: oldest broken nightly is v1.53.43
v1.53.42 works fine

how to crash:

1. navigate to brave://flags/
  2. set #native-brave-wallet to Disabled
  3. click Relaunch button that appeared
  4. click button top right
  5. click Create a new profile

@BZZZZ I’m going to test this on Release and Nightly later. But until then, going to ask you to do a favor and ensure that Crash Report is submitted and request you to share Uploaded Crash Report ID here. It will help in knowing what’s going on with things on your end.

In order to do that, go to brave://crashes and see if it’s sent. If not and you can hit Send Now, then do that, close Brave for like 30 seconds, and reopen. It should have then sent.

If for any reason it’s not showing uploaded crash report ID and there’s no Send Now button, you’ll have to go to brave://settings/privacy and enable Automatically send diagnostic reports and then things should be available.

Uploaded Crash Report ID: ae720100-8e2d-1b0a-0000-000000000000
Upload Time: Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 5:37:57 PM
Local Crash Context: a8046cf8-36d7-4836-b60f-5af2d3d394a6
1 Like

Thanks. I’ll tag in @Mattches on it and I’m sure he’ll pass it on to the teams for them to try to see what’s happening. And as I said, I’ll test to see if I can replicate later on today. Normally would test right away, but I’m in the middle of a different troubleshooting thing that might take a while. So don’t want to throw in any extra headaches on that, lol.

@BZZZZ Just wanted to get back with you on this. I was able to replicate it on Nightly but seems not to happen on Release. I created a Github issue for it at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/30466

@Mattches sorry to tag again, but hoping you can confirm I put the Github in the right place. Asking as not sure if Nightly only issues have their own area or if just gets all placed in same location.

@Saoiray,
Looks great — thank you. I’ve pinged the devs with this as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.