Crash upon logging in to Instacart account

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When I navigate to instacart.wegmans.com and attempt a login with saved credentials the login starts, but before it completes I get an ‘Aw snap’ crash.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Save Instacart account credentials in Brave
  2. Navigate to instacart.wegmans.com
  3. Attempt login with saved crefentials

Expected result:
Login successful

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.4.2 on Android

Mobile Device details
Oneplus 6T with stock ROM, based on Android 9

Additional Information:

EDIT:

Actually, this seems to have nothing to do with saving the credentials: I deleted my password from the Brave cache just now and attempted a simple login in the browser, and the same ‘Aw snap’ crash occurred.

Does it happen if you disable shields on the page? Does it work fine on Chrome?

Yes, it happens without shields, and no, it doesn’t happen in Chrome.

Does crash webview for me. Could you try clearing browsing data and try again? Make sure you delete data from all time. Do note this will result in losing all active sessions on any other tab

I tried that before posting: when the initial crash happened I cleared all data from all time, and the crash happened again in exactly the same manner.

Ok reproduced the issue. Goes into a vicious cycle once it starts webview crash. Logged an issue for it. Please track the progress here

Going to close the thread for now. please open a new thread if you run into anything else