CRASH REPORT Fedora 25

I’m running Fedora 25 on a Dell laptop. Downloaded Brave from the Brave website, NOT the Linux repos.

I had three tabs open, two news sites and Accuradio.com. Brave closed itself with no error message. It didn’t freeze–it simply closed. I have not been having any problems with this installation of Brave.

Now it won’t reopen, no matter what I try. When I click on the Brave icon to start the browser I get a loading icon. The icon spins for about 10 seconds and then goes away.

When I try to run via terminal I get the following error “brave: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

The odd thing about this error is that I was actively using Brave when it crashed.

I will uninstall and re-install Brave when I get a minute.

Hi @ydavis sorry for the horribly late reply, we just fixed a UI issue in community which was hiding some posts.

Have you had a chance to retry with a newer version of Brave?

My latest tests on my Fedora VM are working well, but I’d love to hear from a daily user like yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.