I had been noticing that my PC’s cpu has been running at 90%-100% for the last month or longer. Then yesterday Windows installed a pretty big update and it seemed to even get worse. I played with some startup services but nothing really seemed to work. It especially was bad when I went to websites like YouTube, Soundcloud and various other sites, especially video/cam and music streaming type of sites. I guess those take up more resources.
Regardless, I haven’t used Chrome in over 6 months but decided to try it out to see if anything changed and it did. When going to Youtube and Soundcloud (at the same time) plus a couple of other tabs there was still no 90%-100% cpu. Usually it would trigger my CPU to run “hot”. I’m sure if I pushed it, it would happen and I plan to do that today.
My only guess is that Brave is taking up more resources and pushing the CPU or Windows has some type of bug that’s triggering the CPU…both of those guesses are very uneducated though.
Anyways, I figured I would mention it. I don’t think there is any more info I could give at the moment.
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
Before you post!
1. It is important that you have the right expectations for free technical support for free open source software.
For an average business day you should expect about 24 hours before your first response. For the weekend (any post after 3PM PST Friday to 11AM PST Monday) expect about 48 hours before your first response.
We totally love you, but we also have loved ones, pets, and stuffed animals we like to spend time with when we’re not making free software.
2. Did you check out our Common Issues? https://community.brave.com/c/common-issues
Clicking on that Lion in the upper-right corner and fiddling with settings is going to solve like 99% of your problems.
3. Keep It Tidy
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
4. On the Internet nobody knows if you are being funny/sarcastic/rude.
Smileys go a long way, but it’s better if you stick to the facts and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. Don’t swear in text, it’s a waste of everyone’s energy.
Any kind of harassment/impersonation/spam will not be tolerated. Once acknowledged. your account will be banned.
5. Help us help you. This is how we expect you to write a post:
- A. Make a meaningful title. “Clicking on the Done button 3 times crashes Brave” is much better than “Brave suddenly crashed”.
- B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
C. A listing of:
- i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
- ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
- i. I downloaded and installed Brave.
- ii. I created a bookmark and clicked the ‘Done’ button three times.
- iii. Brave suddenly quit and my bookmark was not created.
- E. Count to 20 and re-read your post. Could someone take offense at your post? Could you say something a bit more clearly?
6. If you do not follow the guidelines above, expect to have your post edited or deleted.
We’re not trying to be rude, we just don’t want to waste energy when we could be releasing new features and bug fixes.