Couldn't able to capture screenshot in Brave private tabs

Description of the issue:

Hello everyone. I’m using brave since it was in beta.:wave: Since then, many community members raised issues over github that they’re not able to capture screenshot in Brave Mobile Browser, with incognito mode.

Earlier use to chrome, and have a habit to browse web only in incognito. Now, I kicked chrome out of my android and using brave for full-time. But, a small feature annoying me for years that is none another than capturing a screenshot.

For now, a workaround for this is only possible by switching it to normal mode and capture screenshot. That’s no one wants to. For me, incognito browsing matters me a lot and capturing screenshot too, for remembering/storing important things.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. In Brave Android Mobile Browser, switch to private tabs.
  2. Try capturing a screenshot. Toast Notification will say, “Couldn’t capture screenshot”.

Expected result: It must be able to screenshot.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.4.1

Mobile Device details Android

Hi @asharamseervi, welcome to community and thanks for writing in!

This is actually a designed privacy feature of private tabs. I’ll send your feedback to the team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write in!

1 Like

This is by design on Android System. For any Chromium based browser if you try to take a screenshot in incognito/private mode it wont allow. This is done as part of security update from Chrome 65+.