Copy and Paste not working

Since the update yesterday copy paste is not working…

Cant copy/cut and paste in Brave
Latest Brave Update seems to have scrambled clipboard

I can copy & paste ONCE when Brave is newly opened…nothing after that!!:confounded:

Still NOT working…Same here…only works ONCE…have to close window and over and over to get a new copy paste to work…

I have to go back to Chrome to “copy” text then I can “paste” in Brave…WEIRD!!

I certainly hope this can be fixed!!

It has been working for me today. Then I realized that I’m currently using Firefox.
I did not realize that it was only when using Brave I was having problems.

What DOES still work is “control C” and “control V”.

Yes control C and control V are working for me as well…ONLY way I can copy and paste now…

Sounds like you all are trying to copy/paste from the right-click or context menu. Could you please provide additional details?

• Are you trying to copy/paste from the URL bar or in a text box? Or perhaps something else like a news article?
  • What operating system do you all have?
  • Do you normally leave Brave open for long periods of time or close it once you’re no longer using it?
  • any other information you think could be helpful?

Thanks,
Lauren

Here we go again now Copy and Paste problm

Hi there, I have same issue. It doesn’t matter how long I have the browser open for, the issue seems to reappear almost immediately. The right-click copy issue is happening with any text (URLs, shipping tracking code, text in email, etc…)

I’m on Windows 10 and control c control v works just fine.

Thanks

We have an issue logged but are looking for solid steps to reproduce: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/14197

If anyone is able to trace the loss of this functionality to a specific course of steps it would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Best,
Lauren

+1 from @FredDurst on Latest Brave Update seems to have scrambled clipboard

Copy and Paste worked fine today…THANKS BRAVE!!

I spoke too soon…NO WORKY AGAIN!!:confounded:

Super annoying, can’t copy/paste since the last update.

Cant Copy wallet deposit address on Coinspot

Brave: 0.22.714
V8: 6.6.346.26
rev: fa2fbcae947e001528bd3bd5b1c453805d419af6
Muon: 6.0.9
OS Release: 6.1.7601
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.139

I have the same issue. I can’t copy text from within Brave, nor can I copy URLs from Brave. When I right-click and select “copy” it seems to have worked, but what is pasted is whatever was on the clipboard previously. The same thing happens when I try to copy text (or any other context) from within Brave.

However, I can click-n-drag the URL from Brave into a document or into another browser. Also, just now I went to Help, About Brave, and clicked the “copy to clipboard” icon, and I was able to paste that in this comment box. For giggles I successfully copied it into OneNote as well, so that worked.

The following process has allowed me to replicate the issue several times in a row:

• Have several browser tabs open with the browser set up to restore previous tabs.
  • Close the browser since the issue is triggered sometime after opening with previous tabs.
  • Reopen the browser seeing all of your old tabs.
  • Hover over a tab different from the current tab you are viewing, within a couple seconds you will see it is refreshing the tab. At this point the copy + paste is broken.
  • If that didn’t break it, try hovering a tab to get it to reload, then move your cursor across other tabs to trigger them to also reload.

It seems to be fine for me until I hover a tab (other than the current tab) to get it to reload/refresh.

Brave 0.22.714
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.139
Muon 6.0.9
Node.js 7.9.0
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.17134
rev fa2fbca
Update Channel Release
V8 6.6.346.26

Using Windows 10 Pro
A good example was highlighting that info failed to copy the above info by right clicking. The right click menu is there with all options and you can select them. They just don’t execute.
Keyboard controls work using Ctrl C, X, or V
This is in the address bar or on the body of a webpage, right click open link in new tab frequently fails, a new tab opens to about blank and hangs.

Thanks @JoshEllingson - will use this info to try and reproduce :smiley:
What OS are you using?

Lauren

Windows 10, sorry for not including this information before.

Brave: 0.22.714
V8: 6.6.346.26
rev: fa2fbcae947e001528bd3bd5b1c453805d419af6
Muon: 6.0.9
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.139

For those of you experiencing this, could you try disabling tab previews, restart Brave, and see if you still have copy/paste issues? As @JoshEllingson noted, this seems to occur after a tab preview.

You can disable tab previews by going to Preferences > Tabs. There you can toggle ‘Show tab previews on hover’ off. After changing this setting, restart Brave and see if you still have copy/paste issues.

That helps, however I can still break it. Turned off tab preview, restarted, clicked several tabs to start the refresh as the tab was accessed (basically clicking across all of my tabs really fast) and it broke again. It seems like an issue with the tab refreshing while not the active tab.

Edit: It’s really hard to replicate the issue after turning tab preview off. I can sometimes get it to break by doing what I’ve said above, but what’s interesting is after it breaks once, I can load more tabs and it sometimes starts working again. The issue isn’t as consistent as before (sometimes doing what I stated above breaks it and sometimes it doesn’t), so I’m trying to see if I can find concrete ways to replicate the issue with tab preview off.

Edit #2: Still really hard to replicate, but it happens. Sometimes I can close the browser with 20 tabs up, reopen, let it load, copy from the tab that is initially present, click a tab next to it and quickly click back to original tab I started on (the one I first copied from) and try to copy something else and it will still paste the first thing I copied.

Can't copy and paste url